Friday, April 6, 2012

Learning experiences.....kind of...

Well, here I go again, ….jumping off the BLOG cliff into the cyber pool of forever-ness.  The immortal monster is lurking, waiting to seduce me into contributing.  It figures that I finally start writing as I am falling asleep from trying to set up Word on this laptop - - all night long! Save break to make and eat dinner….then FWOOMP. Right back at ya.  So, I am going to pick this up in the AM and run with it.  That cliff wasn’t so bad.  It’s just the awkwardness of my fingers and the drooping of my eyes that has thwarted me.  Tomorrow awaits and if I didn’t admit it, you’d never have known!
Good afternoon, I’m back – my morning was congested and I took the time to do Yoga in my basement,   right next to the heating system and a slew of spider webs…..  Oh, I’m joking, it’s a finished basement, and has a leather sectional and a 42” TV, with all chalkboard walls and white Christmas lights.  It is very cool and all groups dig it.  The four year old and her friends, the teenager and her friends, my friends, the fireman that came through to check the heating system….it really does cover all.  One of my more brilliant ideas that came to fruition instead of turning to fluffy particles of nothing like a lot of them!  I’m hoping this blog will help to get some of them on paper.  (see the end re: pensieve)

I saw a friend of mine in the store, whom I haven’t seen in quite a few years, and he asked me “Kim, are you still writing?”  Uhhhh…..Wow.  It made me take a step back and think and it really stumped me.  I don’t even ask myself that – and when I looked him in the eye and said…”No”, I felt ashamed.  I’ve allowed the thoughts of the enormity of the internet to cause me to procrastinate about this blog, throwing some sort of reason in the way of creating and writing, even if it’s on the computer or just a notebook.  I have books that were started, written in for a couple of weeks and then forgotten.  Why?  I can put thoughts together on paper, and sometimes it’s pretty good.  I’m guessing Fear probably.  Like everyone; or should I say, a lot of people…like me they probably share the fear of failure, rejection, or worse, criticism – especially with something that means so much to me, especially these raw thoughts.  Cuz, like uhm that’s just me, vulnerable….you know?  And by “you”, I mean, everyone who reads this – Hi There -   Back on topic; I acknowledge that I have a gift.  Not conceited, just true.  I’ve neglected it and kept it locked up in a closet most of my life, save football season when it’s free and crazy.  Well, it’s time to nurture and love my writing.  Time to give it what it deserves, loyalty, consistency, love, nurturing….learning,….just like raising a child.  I bet, if I think of the daily writing as something that is needed for its own success…as a separate entity…..I would take better care.  Like the dog, or the cats, shit…I’ve even given the hamster more love than my writing.  I just might have a huge book in my head somewhere...actually; even a little one would make me ecstatic.  Teeny even.
Now that brings us to a whole other topic that requires a blog of its own - - TIME - - that’s right folks, I have some seriously deep thoughts about time and we are going to go there.  Oh Yes.   Talk about leisurely writing about a subject – I haven’t even started yet, but feel as if there is so much on this topic in my head that it is overflowing - - I am in serious need of a pensieve and a wand.
A river dirty cyber city – I’m outie, time to chill with the kid.  I shall return with a few new topics complete with an abundance of opinion.  Until then, be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment