Thursday, September 6, 2012

September...You Know What That Means!


Another year, another NFL Season.....it actually started last night with Dallas going to the Giants as 3-point underdogs; and the Boys left the Meadowlands as 24-17 victors.

We have some changes this year; Tebow at the Jets and Manning in Denver, we'll see how religious Tebow gets along with recently slim Rex... and Peyton, Jeez Louise, as much as I don't love the guy, I don't want to see any kind of serious injury on the field. I just read on Yahoo that some of the Denver schools are banning No. 18 jerseys...already discomfort in Denver. Uh Oh Peyton....not used to the boos.

So, after a glance at some standings from Pre-Season, Ouch. The Pats won one game, but everyone else in the AFC East division won zero. So, I guess that's good? Philly and Seattle (surprise) are the only teams that went 4-0 in preseason. I know it doesn't mean anything and some coaches want to avoid injury – but yikes! One game? And Seattle - - what is Pete Carroll feeding these guys? They did pick up Marshawn Lynch, and he's a monster. So, I hate to say it, but Seattle may be on the upswing, their D seems to be solid. Pete Carroll always seems to whip his Defenses into good shape and it didn't take him long with Seattle. IDK...let's see.

A few other sleeper teams, other than Seattle, in my opinion are; Washington, San Fran, Philly, Tennessee and of course, Detroit.

Sunday at 1:00 will have NE going to Tennessee and I hope they are ready, as I think the Titans have a couple of tricks up their sleeve - - also, Washington goes to New Orleans as 7-point underdogs and again, I think the broken up Saints should be leery. At 4:00 GB hosts San Fran as 5-point home favorites, this should be a good game too – only because I love that kid in GB <3.

The whole world will be watching Peyton in his new digs when the Broncos take on the Steelers....wow, what a way to start the season for Manning huh? I guess we'll all know how much of a pounding he can take by the end of that blood bath.

Monday night brings us two games, SD goes to Oakland and Cincy goes to Baltimore – both games divisional rivals....they each should be entertaining.

Well Folks, let's wait and see what the first week shakes out.... I bet Pete Carroll has his team throw up huge numbers against the Cardinals, just to show off his newly improved team, because he's a donkey like that.

Enjoy your Sunday! These days you can sit in the sun and watch on your phone!

Picks: Seattle -2.5; Pitts +1; Jax +4; and Wash +7...

No comments:

Post a Comment