Monday, September 17, 2012

The Wonders of Week One...and the Ones Who Won....


Week two showed us a glimpse of the year to come.....okay, not really. You've all heard the phrase “Any Given Sunday”....well, it's true. Especially during the first few weeks, everyone is getting settled into a new season, punching the kinks out, sooner or later the more solid teams will rise to the top.

Last week, New England went to Tennessee and played steady throughout their 34-13 win. Sunday brings the Pats back to BeanTown and their first home game against the Arizona 13.5-point underdog Cardinals. I wonder how that will go. The Cardinals hosted and beat the Seahawks in last week's 20-16 win, it was a match of the unknown vs. the unknown. This week, the Pats should be able to handle a pesky red bird..with no eyes and no wings....especially after taking on the mighty mighty Titans!

San Fran went to GB and won 30-22 at Lambeau -- shocking the nation; well at least most of Wisconsin (and me). San Fran seems to be packing some heat this year with their quiet but deadly coach and revived QB. This week the 49ers will host the Lions as 7-point home favorites. That spread seems a little high, but I guess justifiable as the 49ers came out hot and cooking and the Lions dipped their big toe in and barely beat St. Louie in a fourth Quarter 27-23 comeback. Phew...that would have sucked for Detroit to lose a whole closet full of confidence by getting beat by the Rams first week......
or did the Rams improve over the off season and should Washington be weary this week in St. Louis as 3.5-point favorites? Hmmm...a puzzler. But I'm going to say “naaah”, the Redskins are on FIYA! They came out to PA-LAY last week in New Orleans, leaving Madi Gras as 40-32 victors, so this week should be a walk in the park in St. Louis. As for my beloved Pack, they have already played and beat the Chicago Bears last Thursday....I know, I know, they rock and I'm late writing this article.

Last week Denver hosted Pittsburgh, took on the big dog, actually, more like rabid dog, and won 31-19, impressive. Manning seems to have eased right into the Bronco's uniform and found some favored targets. Denver's defense took down Big Ben a couple of times too, it was pretty awesome.

This week Pittsburgh hosts the J-J-Jets as 5-point home favorites and Mark Sanchez is on a “proving” streak after the 48-28 anihilation of the Bills in the Meadowlands, but Pittsburgh is out for blooood, and maybe a liver or two.....to go with fava beans and a nice Cianti.

Denver travels to Atlanta as 3-point road dogs. Matt Ryan vs. Peyton Manning....both dome QB's. Dun Dun Dun....Last week Atlanta beat KC 40-24, but let's face it....KC? This should be a good one, and I would expect a shootout...the over/under is 51, so the books must think so too.

So folks, watch your pigskin, spark up the Barbie and ENJOY, It's what I aim to do. Farewell my football fairie lovin' crew.

Picks: Washington -3.5; Denver -3; and shocker – Seahawks +3...hopefully I'm not a week or two off, but there is something there – I just can't put my finger on it...honestly, I know they suck. I have no control of these keys right now.....something is making me write Seattle, Seattle, Seattle.....maybe it's a Vampire....it's gotta be.....makes sense.    

No comments:

Post a Comment